Advertisement
Cat Names, it's kick off time
POST TO THIS TOPIC
NevadaMaster
29 Jan 2009, 00:13:06
Ok, I'm getting the cat this weekend. You guys have given me many great ideas, but I've been struck with a brainstorm! I love physics and astronomy, among other things, and I love Miami Vice reruns. And one of my favorite physicist is Richard Feynmann of Cal Tech(he died about 5 or 10 years ago I think). So how about Rico?
Garm
29 Jan 2009, 01:17:22
NevadaMaster
29 Jan 2009, 01:33:10
It's too long. Can you imagine a Sunday afternoon, I'm watching football or basketball or whatever, and suddenly I say, "Schrodinger, don't scratch the sofa, use the scratching post!"
ZENknight
29 Jan 2009, 03:39:41
I'm beginning to think, {only, because I was slow to 'catch on'}, that our beloved planet, {along with, a much bigger, sector of our galaxy}, have been quarantined; By more intelligent 'beings,' for our own safety!; Considering, that the most 'innocent' among us, on this 'Misc. bb,' alone; Have been pre-occupied with such 'matters' as; What a cat's name should be{?}.. The 'best' 'black humor,' joke.. And, is it okay, to state, that the 'Holocaust' was greatly exaggerated!?

Being a more so, than not; 'Free-speech,' proponent; I'd be the last {person}, to want to punish anyone, for proclaiming what they want to believe; Despite the incredulity, that that, will cause, on the part of some; Who would have a hard time reconciling, any one person, holding forth to, culturally & politically 'incorrect,' minority viewpoints; In conjunction.. with being, mostly, a 'free-speech' supporter.

I could 'go on'; Further clarifying, as to where I stand on 'free speech'; But, I don't see any point, in further alienating, our mostly invisible, & much more intelligent & progressed, 'over-seers'!..
Garm
29 Jan 2009, 04:47:41
He already said Shrodinger was too long...so you are proposing a three-paragraph name instead?

Cause otherwise, I can't see what in the HELL that has to do with naming a cat.

Oh wait, I get it -- you're saying to name the cat "Spam." Clever, that!
BladeRunner
29 Jan 2009, 05:23:51
Wow...that's a great name!.....(seriously)

Spam, I mean!
Edited on 29 Jan 2009 at 05:24:17
ZENknight
29 Jan 2009, 09:31:39
.. I concur, with BladeRunner; "Spam," is an Excellent name choice! ..WOW! .. And to think I played, a secondary, {if unlikely} role, in helping to pick that name; If per chance, it be.. the final choice!
NevadaMaster
29 Jan 2009, 20:17:26
Sorry to let you down, but the name will be Rico. If I understand your point, you prefer more important topics for the BB. I spend most of my day studying math, physics, and astronomy, along with many other "important" activities. And last year I was a State Delegate for the Democratic party. When I come to this site, I want to relax. I want to play chess and chit-chat about whatever. If you want to use the BB for something more serious, that's fine. But you shouldn't assume that those of us who choose a less serious path are somehow lacking in intellect
BladeRunner
29 Jan 2009, 20:58:44
Rico is cool NM, congratulations!.....miauuuuuuuu!
NevadaMaster
29 Jan 2009, 22:02:54
thanks
POST TO THIS TOPIC
Copyright © 1995-2024 Caissa Project LLC. All rights reserved.